Friday, December 14, 2012

Hopeful Hearts.



Today, we spent together, at home like I love.
The sunshine was warm 
and his heart was content.
We shared chocolate ice cream and listened to music
that sort of had me day dreaming of a spring day outside with my babies.
He picked a flower for his mama, and I found it possible to fall a little more in love with him.
With each new chapter, my eyes are opened to a new way of looking at life. 
Because time will never stand still. 
And these moments we have will only be memories.
With every new morning, I'm reminded by his smile that life is so precious. 
Too precious even, to take anything for granted.





It's just my nature to avoid the news...
but I did hear of the horrible news of today from two messages sent to my phone.
I honestly don't have words, and I cannot imagine the heartbreak or nightmare these children and families will be facing. 
How beautiful is this short life we've been given...

2 Corinthians 4:16-18  So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,  as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers