Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Fresh Air & Sunshine.




While he naps, and my mind is jumbled but calm, I thought this might be prime time to blog.

I visited my wonderful new doctor this morning and while he found that Marcy's movement, breathing practices, and my fluids were well, her heart rate was dipping, which concerned him enough to move her delivery date up a day. She'll be delivered next Wednesday the 26th. Now I'm waiting on Labor and Delivery to return a message with the scheduled time of delivery.
I'm rolling with the change of plans here... 
reminding myself to live in the present... and not the future. 
I can't control what happens next, but that's how this beautiful story has unfolded, true? 
Thank you Lord for Your plans.

Right now, I'm letting go of the planning. The scheduling. The Christmas get-togethers, the parties, the decorations... We have a new baby to bring home, a toddler who will make the most wonderful big brother, and most importantly, a reason to celebrate this season way beyond the wild nature of the holiday hype. 

I can't express how happy my heart is with this beautiful day! I haven't even checked the temperature, but both back doors are open to let that warm afternoon sunshine inside our house! I hear our big dog snoring in the kitchen. 
Oh, what sunshine and sweet tea can do for your spirits. 
And a little time to myself.
Not wishing my life away by any means, but you know the feeling you get when spring has finally come? When you go barefoot and hear windchimes and life is just beautiful? 
That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now.
I needed this sunshine and fresh air.
(Listening to Paolo Nutini may be helping me smile, too.)

Happy Day.
There's just something magical about being home, surrounded by sunshine, and everything you love.
It's just good for you.

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. H.C. Anderson




1 comment:

  1. beautiful, Morgan, just beautiful :) You sound like your mother, sunshine is so important for my soul! And there is absolutly nothing more comfortable than being at home surrounded by everything you love...I think I could have written this blog when you and Elliot were small...I love you :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers