Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Conscience is a man's compass.


     I'm not positive where this post may go, but I do know I have a ton of thoughts floating around in my head. I have a lot on my mind, and I'm going to try to keep the very best attitute towards it all. This picture of Brady is my very favorite right now, it's the most hilarious face I've ever seen. That's also exactly how I feel right now, a little defeat...
     Since the day Brady J was born, something changed in me, as it happens to most moms, where you lose any worry for yourself and your most important priority becomes the little one. At this stage in his life, his biggest worry is a wet diaper, thankfully. So with things changing like they do and Brady growing up before my eyes, I want to make sure that I'm providing the best example for him to follow with each day that he grows. That goes from teaching him how to make decisions in the most responsible manner, to making sure he remembers to brush his teeth before bed. Brady has stolen my heart from day one and I'll make sure that I do everything in my power to be the very best mom I can be in every aspect that he may need me. 
     Even though we listen to our conscience and do what we think is best (if we want to sleep well at night), instances arise where we face yet another battle. In today's case, it's important to me because it involes feelings, which I guess most situations do, otherwise we wouldn't have much of a conscience would we? I absolutely hate to hurt the feelings of anyone. I have, as most everyone has, hurt someones feelings without realizing how harsh words can be. But when the case is fragile and the people near and dear to me are aching, I tend to think, maybe over-think, my words to that person. So that's where I'm at now. Weighing my options. Pro's and con's. To throw in my opinion or stay out completely. What do I do when I truly feel like I can make a difference? What if I make things worse? So this may not be so much conscience issue as it is a need to pray. Because I can only do so much. 
    Today has been one heck of a day. From arriving at work without my phone to driving straight home passing the gas station because I didn't feel like dropping $75 fill up the tank. I mentioned to Brian tonight that exercise would make me feel better, he suggested a glass of wine instead. Neither one happened... 
    Suppose it's time to hit the hay, and realize tomorrow will be a much better day, because days like this are few and far between. Bring it on, sunshine. 

1 comment:

  1. What a precious face! He is just too cute. Hoping tomorrow brings you lots of happiness and sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers