Saturday, March 23, 2013

For A Rainy Saturday.


Even though I'm off limits to sweets like this,
 I have a husband who might love this.
(I had three small bites exactly...I had to know if it made the cut.)
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CAKE
One could only assume it came from Pinterest, and you'd be correct. 
I followed the recipe as directed, and I became a fan.
Brady was napping and Marcy was in her carrier, so carefully I bounced around the kitchen with my little lady making something sweet for her sweetheart...her daddy.

Ingredients:
-One box of strawberry cake mix (plus water, oil, eggs as directed on box)
-8oz Regular Cream Cheese (or reduced fat of course)
1 packet (0.23 oz) of Kool-Aid Lemonade
-Yellow Food Coloring gel (as desired for color...really not necessary..)
-2 cups Jet- Puffed Marshmallow Creme
-8 oz Cool Whip Topping
-Fresh Strawberries

Directions:
-Make cake according to box and bake in 2 9" round cake pans. Turn finished cakes over on cake racks and allow to cool completely.
-Cream together cream cheese, lemonade and yellow food coloring until smooth.
-Mix marshmallow creme and then mix in Cool Whip until completely smooth. Refrigerate until cake is cooled and cut.
-Cut each cake layer in half. 
-Alternating layers of cake with layers of filling. Top with Strawberries!
-Refrigerate and serve chilled.

--Because I'm not a huge fruity fan to begin with (this was for Brian) the strawberry was great and the filling was tart. To me.  I think if I would've left the lemonade mix out of the recipe, I would've loved it a little more. Learn as you go!
A new recipe for a lovely spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers