Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My first favorite boy.




       In four years, incredible things can happen in your life. Since I was sixteen years old, I've loved my husband. Fell in love with him as soon as I met him, and here we are today. I remember exactly what he was wearing, where we were and who we were with. I remember how tall he seemed and how handsome he was. I remember thinking...there's no way I'd be so lucky. Sixteen. 
       We spent so much time together. We went to different schools, but definitely kept in touch. This was before texting, facebook, and all that would've probably gotten us in trouble. I remember the first time I met his family. I remember how nice and welcoming they were. And I remember praying that it all wouldn't disappear. 
     We were two completely different people. Still are. And I love him so much. He makes me laugh. He makes me proud. He's honest, forgiving, more than I could ever dream of for a father to my child. He's an answer to my prayers. He protects us, provides for us, and encourages us. He's the most giving person I've ever met. And I'm married to this man. 
    Days go by with the wild ways schedules rule us, and I find myself forgetting that this is the one person who makes my life so happy. He makes our son's life so happy. And that's more than anyone could ask for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers