Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Just how much can we balance?

         Making a pot of coffee did me well this morning. I never make coffee. I pulled the coffee maker out of the closet this past weekend, it's been hiding since last winter. I've had a million things on my mind. Trying to balance everything that's new on our calendar with my to-do's for today. Returning phone calls to clients, making sure Brady has my full attention for the day, keeping the house clean, and being organized for everything ahead. Coming up, we have a painter coming in to paint two rooms in our house. We hired someone because- 1. I'm terrible at trim work, I'll be the first to admit it. And 2. It'll be done (correctly) by next week. The man cave is GONE (HALLELUJAH!) and Brady is soon moving in that room. Reason being that the huge windows in Brady's room now keep his room like a sauna in the summer & freezer in the winter...And Brady's current room will become the new home office. With a printer. We haven't had a printer in, well, we've always had a printer, but it's never been connected to the computer. I've never even bought ink. So, that's exciting news. I have no clue what colors to paint the office, or Brady's room. (Curtain panels are already chosen though!) I'm on the lookout for a desk, too. We have to have the paint colors chosen by this weekend. I'm sure I'll end up choosing the ever so classic neutral for each room, I just know it.
         Earlier, in a quick phone conversation with my husband, he brought up the option of adopting another dog! Or fostering, I should say. We've never done this, but I believe it would give Diesel a new friend! And Lilly... if she's in a good mood that day. So that's that. We'll see how this goes when we learn a little more about the process. 
         And then we're in the process of selling my car. I love my car so much, BUT, it's time for another, for something with less miles, and something more low maintenance I guess...(this is my husband's decision..) he thinks it's time for something different, and if he thinks it's a good idea, and I'm getting something new (to me!) then why not?! I love change. 
        But really, right now, all I want is to start dinner, in my bare feet, listening to Brady say "Baaabababa" (his new word of the week). I'm not sure what this means to him, but I love to hear it. I hear him waking up now... it's Brady time! As each day is passing, I think I'm getting a little more used to this balancing act that being a mother is...or trying my very hardest. 


In the meantime, check out a few little ensembles I've thrown together for fun! morgan-cox.polyvore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers