Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Summertime, and the livin' is easy"



    Taking a little break from my everyday chores and to-do's I do believe helped clear my mind tremendously. Of course, you're left with more clutter around the house and the constant reminder of how much you really have to accomplish all in the back of your mind. I'm not sure if it's a "mom" thing, or I'm just a little obsessive of getting everything done, but thanks to Heather, she's willing to help out on planning our day at the spa together :) Oh, how I could cry just thinking of it...can't wait!
     Since I've blogged last, we've definitely slowed our routine down a bit. I'm so proud of us for spending the day at home Saturday, in pj's, playing with baby and just enjoying being home. I love home. Friday night was Angela's birthday dinner, and I knew it'd be a fun night, but, I didn't know just how much fun ;) We were reunited with old friends and everyone was having such a great time together over drinks and some amazing sushi. (Thanks to Kayla who took VERY good care of our table!) After eating the most delicious vanilla cake with fresh strawberries, (which really isn't my thing, but it became a favorite Friday night) we all took a stroll over to a little place and had a few more drinks together. I didn't realize just how bad I needed a night out like this! It was wonderful to catch up with friends, reunite with old friends, AND make new friends. Perfect night. I hope Angela had a happy birthday dinner!


 
 Last night was another night bartending at the Loom! The second time I've done this, and I enjoyed it even more than the first! I don't know anyone who doesn't love to people watch...and when it comes to drinks, you learn more about them than they think ;) I love it.
    Brian is out playing golf, but should be home anytime... I'm not sure why golf is a fun sport, or why he'd ever want to play in this awful heat, but hey, I enjoy having a mask on my face and reading a book...he wouldn't understand that either.
   ...We're getting just a teeny bit closer to that vacation! The beach, the beach the beach. I wake up every morning wishing I could just throw on a swimsuit, (not really, I have a hate-hate relationship with swimsuits) grab Brian & Brady and zoom on down to the beach. We have the option to take the condo or the camper when it comes vacation time, and this girl wants the camper! It's small, cozy and perfect next to the beach. No one cares about anything, drinks are always cold & friends are never far! (Oh, and ice cream is around the corner & for Brian...the arcade)
   I'm so happy it's summertime! We've got plans to cook out with Ashley & Russell this week, and I'm planning a trip to Columbia to see Ellie soon. I miss her so much I cant stand it. She's so busy and she needs a break! Always busy!! Tonight we're going out for Mexican... and I am HAPPY! (Maybe I should start another blog about food.) We're having dinner with family, which is a perfect way to end this wonderful weekend and start a brand new week. This week I plan to read more, I'm learning so much from this book. I'm getting to bed at a decent time, rather than by midnight, and counting my blessings for my wonderful loving friends, amazing family, and my two favorite boys who make my world so happy. Hope you folks have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers