Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Day For Celebrating Dad.

"You know, fathers just have a way of putting everything together."


    As tomorrow is another Sunday, it's also a very special day to celebrate our fathers. Our husbands as fathers and any man who we've known to work hard, show patience, and protect their families. Where do I even begin to celebrate the wonderful father my sweet husband has grown to be over the past five months? Words can't explain how proud and grateful I am to have our little Brady look up to Brian as his father. Brady has his dads smile. The kind of smile so big that his eyes almost close. The smile that will completely melt your heart. He's got his hands. Brian works so hard at work, home and even playing golf with those hands! I look so forward to see Brady grow up, day by day, learning from Brian. Brian is hilarious, he's gentle, he's smart, he's everything I could imagine in a husband and even more importantly, as the father to my precious little boy. Counting my blessings. 
    As for my own father, well, I AM my father. We think the same with our type A personalities completely. We both love being home. We both love people, but we both love our quiet time. Being the same kind of personality, we're both also aware that living the "type A" life, we have our faults, most definitely. But, we learn, we talk, and at the end of the day, I'm proud to call him my dad. 
   I know so many wonderful fathers, and I'm proud to know each and every one of them! Looking forward to tomorrow, to celebrate their day. A day we should be celebrating more often, because they deserve it. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers