Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Love that sleep.

"We live in a rainbow of chaos."


   OH, just to get a little more sleep! Sweet Brady doesn't even wake up in the middle of the night, he sleeps for 11 hours, every night. 8:00pm - 7:00am, every single day. THANK YOU LORD. Of course, at first we weren't that lucky, but the boy likes his sleep, thank goodness. For the past 3 weeks, he's awake at 7am, we feed him and by 8:30 he's out for a morning nap again, usually for an hour and a half. That's when mom gets ready for the day. Except this morning...I fell asleep right beside the little guy until about 10:30. After that, well, he's awake all day! Maybe little naps here and there but not enough to do much. So what am I doing right now? Wishing I had time to get a shower before my handsome hubby walks through that door. Brady is taking a little nap this second, he'll wake up ANY minute! Being a mom is THE most amazing thing I've ever experienced. I honestly never knew I could EVER be this happy! I may be repeating myself with all the mushy gushy but this might be a little encouragement to those mommies-to-be (cough, cough, Heather (Im sorry, I just cant wait until I hear the word!!)) just how wonderful life can be! I truly always worried about when you're a mom, becoming the "mom". You know, when the hairstyle turns into the bob, you always wear flats, lip gloss becomes chap-stick and shaving your legs becomes a chore. Disgusting. I mean, yeah, it's clear how much easier that would be, but geez. Having a baby is a FULL time job, everything becomes scheduled. I now have grocery days, hair supply days, once a month cleaning days... my grocery day is scheduled every other Monday and I plan out my meals. (try, atleast.) I have a list to complete before I go to bed every night from packing the diaper bag to watering the plants. It is exhausting, but it would be more exhausting to me for it NOT to get done! I have to keep the laundry going 24/7, or it's overwhelming. Can't wait until this boy starts playing outside in the mud & starts sports...ohhwee the laundry will be fantastic. To say all this, is to say there is LOTS more to do, and I LOVE IT. I love my husband more than anything in the world, he IS my world. Before Brady, though, I felt like I was wandering, cluless about what was next. I hate to use the word "bored", but yes, we were a little bored. I think most moms are alike though, and I LOVE my mommy friends. (Thank you Kylie for starting your sweet blog, I love it!) And, like she says in her blog, I believe we need to hear each others stories for a little encouragement! No one is the perfect mom, and we ALL do have moments where we have to choose: EAT, SHOWER or SLEEP & every channel on tv turns into the Disney channel.  BUT...at the end of the day, all of the toys, (to keep my sanity) are put away, the bottles are cleaned, I relax with candles & a bath (sometimes!) and you HAVE to get your "me time". Or you will lose it! Even if this includes giving yourself a mani & pedi at midnight. It's a must. It's 5:00 and Brian will be home anytime now, I'm giving Brady an early bath so that I have time to cook my new -Havarti Stuffed Chicken Breasts & Tomato Salad- recipe. Or try. That's my next venture!








adventuresofmommyhoodkga.blogspot.com  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers