Monday, April 25, 2011

First Little Easter

       This Easter weekend was filled with friends, family, laughs, and with all fun, the time flew by! It was Brady's first Easter! That Easter Bunny brought Brady J his first red wagon, filled with books about trucks, dinosaurs, and bugs. He had new pajamas and some fun new clothes to wear, since he's growing up   right before our eyes!  This time last year, I had no idea God had blessed us with our little "blueberry". Easter will never be the same, only much, much happier. We spent time with all the family. And a few new friends, too! Easter eggs were hidden, very special eggs, and a feast was eaten, thanks to my sweet sister-in-law who was blessed with the gift of cooking the MOST wonderful food. Once we were stuffed, and sleepy, it was time to head over to Honey & Papa Bear's for time with my very loved family. (Brady wore the sweetest linen pants & a bright orange shirt...but he's all boy, he was just too hot and is happy without those fussy clothes!) Dad kept tradition going with the most incredible chicken I've ever eaten. He also made everyone's favorite macaroni! Mom set the table so pretty with flowers for us all to sit around. And Ellie, well, it's just beautiful to have her home. She is so missed. Needless to say, this was a Happy Easter. Brady's very first.
  
    This weekend also brought friends together for the first time in a VERY long time. We had plenty of laughs and drinks together over some delicious sushi. (Can you see just how much I love food ??) Everyone is still the same as before, with families now & busy lives. I'm glad we all made it out together, which we need to plan more often! Maybe next time with the kiddos ;) 
    Today as I hustled around the house getting as many things done as fast as I could, I realized Brady has already outgrown all of his 3 month clothes. I remember holding up onsies for 3 months and thinking that it'll be forever until he fits into them! Well, they all say time flies, but now I see it. Too fast, too fast. His closet is now full of clothes prepared for 3-6 & 6 months. Oh my goodness. Everyday I'll look at his sweet cheeks and happy smile and can only hope I remember him at this age! His sweet little noises, the way he smiles when I peek over his crib each morning, just everything. He's so perfect to me. Tomorrow I spend the entire day with the little guy. Those are the days that I live for! We may just take a little stroll in his red wagon, or read stories together. Whatever we do tomorrow, we'll do together, and not a thing in the world could make me happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers