Sunday, September 18, 2011

Simple is perfect.


         We always look forward to the weekend, especially now that we have our weekends together. I've decided to spend more Saturdays with my family, and I've yet to regret it. This weekend seemed to be extra special, too, because of our company. Friday afternoon, Brady and I took a walk with mom, we had friends surprise us by stopping by after dinner, and we spent the evening around a fire with our wonderful neighbors! And late Friday night, I snuggled in those sheets just happy as could be knowing that I would wake up to a day with my boys. We had big plans, you know. We were staying home ALL day.
     Early Saturday morning, at 6 a.m. I heard a little voice. I quickly made a bottle and snuggled him between Brian and myself and the three of us drifted back off to sleep. Until 9 a.m. It felt like Christmas morning, I was thrilled to sleep in!!! I woke up and decided with such a comfortable time of year, and since everyone is in great spirits, it was time to make some sweets. My very favorite since I was a little girl, chocolate oatmeal cookies. I always remember mom making these! So, with the stove heating up, and while I was gathering all the ingredients, I decided I had time to run to the store to make 3x the amount the recipe called for. Neighbors, friends, and family took plenty and hopefully enjoyed them!  Needless to say, my workout clothes are already set out for tomorrow. Dad stopped by to take a walk with us, the game was on, and the rest of the day somehow disappeared.


    Brian wanted get many things crossed off his to-do list this weekend. We didn't go to the game as planned. Surprised the heck out of me. He said we'd stay home this weekend to get things done, to make this week ahead much easier. All while he was hugging me tight. I'm proud of him for working so hard. He's always on top of it all, taking care of everything. What I did to deserve such a man, I haven't a clue.
    Today was about the same. Sundays are always nice. The ending to the weekend, but the beginning of a week to look forward to. We played outside today.
  

     It wasn't the first time I've realized, but it's surely one of the happiest weekends at home...this is what I've always wanted. I love my husband. I love our son. I love our home, and our neighbors. I've always wanted to be a wife and mother, to live a simple life. This is it! Everyone is welcoming fall, it's such a easy time of year. Lets be thankful for this heavenly weather, our time with special ones, and the simple things that make life everything you've ever wanted. 

A t-shirt and diaper, you see.
Wild boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers