Sunday, August 12, 2012

Humor in the phases.


He's been a big help when a craving hits. We share our "kiki's" together.



I knew it was bound to happen sooner than later. 
The "terrible two's" are highly understated.
If anything is slightly attainable, Brady Jameson will find a way. 
Yes, it's cute and it's funny and there have been times when I hold back a laugh 
while I find the spank stick. 
(Which happens to be a paint stirrer.) 

He's just a toddler.
We've been reading up on him. Dr. James Dobson assures us that all toddlers act this way.
I'm still doubtful.
But, despite all of his little pranks, like hiding keys and unplugging our computer, 
that little smile of his still works like a charm.


Then Miss Marcy Lane is along for the wild ride too.
Truth be told about second pregnancies...
Your clothes get way too snug, way too fast.
There is hardly time to shop for maternity clothes. Good luck making what's in your closet work.
Brian's oxfords are my new best friends.
You're still trying to learn about baby #1, while baby #2 is halfway here.
And, finally....
There's YOU.
And the pregnant YOU.
When your half your brain shuts down, but you're still expected to think straight.
...and then you remember you're pregnant.

If you have a sense of humor, by all means will you enjoy your children and the crazy person they turn you into. Life changes in every single way. But it's just a phase. And phases are meant to bring wisdom, and a little more humor to your life.

Next week, I'll be halfway through my pregnancy. 
Boy, does time fly.





4 comments:

  1. his little expressions are so funny! and you are looking amazing. love that belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this. Your such a inspiration! I am so glad your my new and last hair dresser :) Hope your having a wonderful week. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means so much to me Jennifer. Thank you :) see you very soon!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers