Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bumps in the Road.


-He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers.-
Proverbs 19:8


      I wish I had a moral to the story, or even a story on which to base this blog post on, but I cant say that I do. It's sort of been a funky week. Depending on which way you see it, we're all happy, healthy, and we have lots to look forward to, so regardless of the weeks events, I choose to call it a successful one. I'm just glad it's over. We're not created to understand the reason for everything that happens to and around us, but we are blessed with the resources to handle our situations in the right manner. From your own perspective, you can take these hurdles as learning experiences or disappointments. 
My family has definitely helped calm me down and encourage me this week.
(Please don't take this post as something traumatic happening to our family. More like an itty-bitty bump in the weeks events.)

I cannot handle stress well at all. This is something I've prayed about, and even prayed for knowledge on HOW to pray about. I would love to be that person who lets go of all control, who gives everything to Him. I know what I should be doing, but actually doing those things means giving up control, and well, I'll admit that's something I surely need to work on. 

But after this week, I've learned something very important. And that is by watching Brian handle the things thrown at him. He took responsibility for everything in his control, and anything outside of his control- he let go. And guess what... everything is going to be just fine. 
Simple as that.
No worry, no regret. 

So I suppose I do have a little "moral to the story". Even though it's personal and may not mean a thing to you. This past week has taught me to responsibly control the things I can, let go of the things I cannot, and pray about everything
And be even more thankful for a family who is constantly encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers