Monday, July 2, 2012

Wisdom & Encouragement


wis·dom

[wiz-duhm] 
noun
the quality or state of being wise knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just   judgment as to action;sagacity, discernment, or insight.

  I'm not completely sure why my posts are leaning towards the more serious side lately...possibly hormones or the realization we'll be soon responsible for raising two respectable human beings!

   Lately I've sort of been hit with the ~ it's time to grow up, raise a family of four, being held accountable, it's time to be WISE train of throught. But as mentioned in my last post, day after day brings new lessons learned (if you choose to accept problems that way). 

  My lesson today, I took as one on wisdom.
   I know I'm not in control of the world, although some days I wish things would happen on my time. People aren't always the easiest to deal with, but that runs deeper than what we see on the surface. Not everything comes easy and I've learned to accept that that's just life.
   After a few tears, a little complaining, and letting go of those bottled feelings via cell phone to a doctors office.... peace was made, things were calm... and then I checked the mail....



    A couple that both Brian and I grew up with recently visited Oak Ridge, Roatan to help rebuild their community and share the Word. I wasn't there and I can't say I had the pleasure of meeting these beautiful children, but checking the mail and finding this picture turned around my "bad" day, entirely. Quite the reminder that life certainly isn't easy for everyone, and to feel discouraged at all today is a pretty embarrassing. What a beautiful sight and encouragement for me to dwell on! I  hope to one day as a family do something this special, because I know the Warrens were blessed just as much as these wonderful people were that week.
Another day, another lesson.
A sort of -think before you feel- kind of lesson.

God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them. -Max Lucado



1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. I have been here, so so many times. It's easy, in America to take so much forgranted.... and just get lost in the "I want everything, my way, right now" way of thinking. We come home to our 2000 square foot houses, our refridgerators full of food, closets full of clothes, plenty for everyone, whatever you need. And then we complain! (like yesterday, I was almost to the point of tears over a necklace I was making!) We need more reminders like this.... I need them. :) God has blessed us with so much. Perspective is a huge thing.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers