Monday, July 18, 2011

What he's taught me.

    
Slow buds the pink dawn like a rose 
From out night's gray and cloudy sheath;
 Softly and still it grows and grows, 
Petal by petal, leaf by leaf.


As our little one grows, so do we. The old saying "you learn as you go"...those are words of experience. I'm sure within the past 6 months, we've experienced more as a couple and a mom and dad than we ever thought may be. Kids are wild and free, they have always made me so happy! They light up the room, they're joyful, they're themselves. They're adventurous and curious. They're loving and playful. They don't mind messes, or stress about tomorrow. They take each moment as it comes, and never hold a grudge. They soak in everything around them and grow in their surroundings. They teach us, if we let them, just as much as we teach them. They truly are angels.
    Brady Jameson, as you know, has become my everything. The things I've learned from this little boy are things I never knew could turn around my day. It is okay to continue rocking him after he's asleep, so that I can gaze a few more minutes at his eyes like mine, his hands like his dad, and the curls that I prayed for. It's okay to sing to my baby on the front porch while the neighbors can hear, and it's more than okay to draw a thick black line through my Saturday appointment book to spend time with the precious family God has so faithfully blessed me with.
    My family truly is my everything. Everyday I wonder how four years has taken me on a journey through so many wonderful chapters. I've learned so many things, I've grown so much. Most of all, I've learned to never stop learning. I've learned to listen, and to think positively. Make the most of life. To learn. So much I've been taught in the last 6 months by this precious baby. Keep an open mind & an open heart, and each day will bring you blessings.

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers