Thursday, May 22, 2014

Life and Good Food.


Life's been a 100mph with little sassy pants and my best buddy.
It's truly amazing.
 God's blessed me tremendously on a daily basis. 
These children shine beautiful moments of His Light on my life!
I'm living my dream, this is all I've ever wanted to be.
A wife and a mother.  
And a cook every now and then.



Y'all, I love to cook. But more importantly, I love food.
More than the average person loves food. 
More than the food lover loves food.
I love good lookin' food. 
I love lots of taste. 
I love easy. 
I love healthy. (Sometimes not so much.)
And because of babies screaming for my attention at 6pm, I love quick.
I try new recipes so often, then forget where I found them…
Here's a favorite from an old Real Simple Cookbook.


Ravioli with Grape Tomatoes and Wine


hands on time: 25 minutes/ total time: 25 minutes 
serves 4 (unless you love it like i do...)

16 to 18 oz cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup dry white wine
salt & pepper
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley

-Cook the pasta according to the package directions.

-Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, wine, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and simmer until the tomatoes begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes.

-Add the pasta, butter, and parsley to the skillet and toss to combine.

This is exactly how the recipe was written in my book, although everyone has their own way to change it up! I hardly ever use heat as high as the recipe calls for and I used dried parsley. I also added a little spaghetti sauce over my pasta.

The asparagus was trimmed, tossed in olive oil, salt & pepper on a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. I sprinkled it with mozzarella (had no parmesan!) a couple minutes before cooking time was finished! 

Super easy dinner. I had leftovers for lunch today, they were even better. 

The wine and the tomatoes… oh my goooooodness. 
Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living with intention. Life in the south as a wife, mama, hairstylist, and food lover.

Followers